Social media was all abuzz yesterday afternoon - and well into the night - with shared photos of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau ordering take-out food at the North Harbour branch of Jollibee, and even interacting with some customers.
Trudeau stressed that Canada has earned a reputation for being able to be frank and firm in discussing issues like rule of law and human rights with partners around the world, adding that "it's very much what people expect of Canada". "But we continued to work with the Philippines so that everyone associated with that is brought to justice", Trudeau said in a press conference in Manila on Tuesday.
"As I mentioned to President Duterte, we are concerned with human rights, with the extrajudical kilings". And as always, I offered Canada's support and help as a friend to help move forward on what is the real challenge.
Softbank investment in Uber is contingent on number of share and price
Over the weekend, Uber had confirmed that it has closed an investment deal with Softbank Group and Dragoneer Investment group. Both companies have pumped in millions of dollars towards rider discounts and driver incentives.
"The President was receptive to my comments. The president was receptive to my comments and it was throughout a very cordial and positive exchange".
According to the Prime Minister, it was "no surprise" for his country to express concern on human rights as this issue was something important not only for Canadian but also to the world.
He has been criticized by local environmental groups for the Canadian government's inaction in addressing the shipment of the country's garbage in the Philippines.
Trump lands in Philippines, final stop in Asia
The much-anticipated meeting between two of the world's most controversial leaders is set to take place on November 13. Mr Trump replied: "We've had a great relationship".
Government data indicate 3,967 were killed in anti-drug operations as of October 2017. "We must have to protect life, to uphold the rule of law and human rights", he said.
However, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said the issue was not raised.
Sony Gives Week Long Deals for Black Friday Sale
PlayStation tend to do these every few months, but with it being peak gaming release season, there's no better time than now. For PlayStation 4, the standard slim 1TB system in Jet Black will be available at $199.99 Dollars .
- Watch trailer of Fukrey Returns: Funniest tale of 2018
- David Guetta & Charli XCX Hit MTV EMAs Red Carpet Before Performing Together!
- Putin, Erdogan Hold Joint Press Conference After Meeting in Sochi
- Key Liverpool defender to miss three months of action
- Newton's 4 TD passes lead Carolina in rout
- 2 militants reportedly killed in encounter in north Kashmir
- Judge Orders Deadlocked Menendez Trial Jurors To Try Again
- Sudan and Uganda announce direct flights between both countries
- U.S. soldiers wounded after an IED attack in Afghanistan
- Judges bribery case: SC reserves order on maintainability of plea