It's understood that a consortium led by the two firms is set to build an initial stake worth around $1bn (£764m) before buying further shares from existing shareholders and Uber employees that would bring its holding to around 14%.
Over the weekend, Uber had confirmed that it has closed an investment deal with Softbank Group and Dragoneer Investment group. If the new deal is closed, the SoftBank-led consortium will own about 14 percent stake in the ride-sharing pioneer, now valued at around US$68 billion.
The move was unveiled shortly after reports emerged that its former CEO Travis Kalanick and an influential investor had buried the hatchet, paving the ways for the acquisition.
2 militants reportedly killed in encounter in north Kashmir
On November 9 militants shot at and injured a policeman in Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir , police said. The militants are heard telling Ahmad not to approach the police and also warn him against joining politics.
But the Japanese firm voiced caution, saying: "While the SoftBank Group side is considering an investment in Uber, there is no final agreement at this stage".
SoftBank shares were down 0.75 percent on the news with Makoto Sengoku, market analyst at Tokai Tokyo Research Centre, saying that investors were underwhelmed with the news.
David Guetta & Charli XCX Hit MTV EMAs Red Carpet Before Performing Together!
The Detroit rapper also took the award for " Best Hip Hop ", an honour which he appeared to find slightly baffling. Shawn Mendes was the major victor at the MTV EMAs this weekend.
Kohli was mostly tasked with building Uber's relations with regulators and government officials in India, a market where the firm has faced several regulatory and reputational hurdles.
"It's good that SoftBank is always positive towards investing in fast-growing companies".
The SoftBank deal is critical for Uber because it will trigger significant governance reforms, which include moving to one vote per share and expanding the board size to 17. "Depending on the price and conditions, it is wholly possible we could shift our investment to the other main company Lyft". Both companies have pumped in millions of dollars towards rider discounts and driver incentives.
Saudi says coalition will begin reopening Yemen air and seaports
Hariri's interview on Sunday night, carried by Future TV, a channel associated with his political party, raised some new questions.
- Abe, Trump, Turnbull affirm unity on N Korea on ASEAN sidelines
- Presidential Message on Antibiotic Awareness Week, 2017
- HTC Vive Focus standalone VR headset launched
- Use Google Assistant to broadcast messages to all your Google Home devices
- Philippines leader wants Trump to return historic war trophies
- Newton's 4 TD passes lead Carolina in rout
- Ryan school murder: Accused teen allegedly researched use of poison, smudging fingerprints
- Sessions open to idea of Clinton Foundation special counsel
- Putin, Erdogan Hold Joint Press Conference After Meeting in Sochi
- Judge Orders Deadlocked Menendez Trial Jurors To Try Again