Two weeks after mid-day first reported that Saifee Burhani Upliftment Trust (SBUT) was eyeing underworld don Dawood Ibrahim's Bhendi Bazaar property, Hotel Raunaq Afroz, which was up for re-auction this morning, sources confirmed that the trust is one of the three bidders. The auction will be held in Churchgate on Tuesday.The three properties include a two-storied building, Shabnam Guest House; six flats in Damarwala building; and a restaurant Rounaq Afroz.
According to officials, among the three properties of Dawood - which were put on auction on Tuesday -the Rounaq restaurant, also known as Delhi Zaika, was sold for Rs 4.53 crore. The Damarwala property was bagged for Rs 3.53 crore and the Shabnam guest house fetched Rs 3.52 crore.
Tom Sizemore allegedly violated 11-year-old girl, removed from film set
Mufas says some members of the production staff " reached for hammers " and had to be talked down from confronting Sizemore . She said: "I'm not speaking out for myself, I'm speaking out for the girl who is a woman now".
The three properties, which are described as decrepit and unfit for living, would be refurbished, said the Saifee Trust in a statement.
The Reserve price now kept for the property Rs 1 crore 55 lakh 76 thousand.
Justice Khosa excuses himself from Hudaibiya case bench
The Hudaibiya Paper Mills was allegedly used as a cover by the Sharif family to launder money outside the country in the 1990s. The NAB in its appeal had prayed to set aside the LHC judgment of March 11, 2014, in the Hudaibiya Mills case.
His brother Iqbal has reportedly provided Dawood's addresses in Karachi. Dawood used to stay at Damarwala Building with his family till he fled the country in 1986. Even now, security remains a major concern. But the auction couldn't take place.
Damarwala building was home to Dawood Ibrahim and his family members in late eighties. However, the property went in for re-auction, as Balakrishnan, could not cough up R4.28 crore he'd won the property for.
Philippine protesters burn Swastika-shaped effigy of Donald Trump
President Donald Trump makes remarks to the media at the 12th East Asia Summit in Manila, Philippines November 14, 2017. Trump said his trip had resulted in at least $300 billion, possibly triple that figure, of deals being agreed.
The auction was ordered by the Ministry of Finance under SAFEMA (Smugglers and Foreign Exchange Manipulators) Forfeiture of Properties Act. Veteran journalist S Balakrishnan had a;sp bid for the hotel in 2015, but he failed to arrange the funds.
- Ajmal to retire from all formats at the end of the month
- Toddler the only survivor of crash on I-94
- Putin, Erdogan Hold Joint Press Conference After Meeting in Sochi
- Softbank investment in Uber is contingent on number of share and price
- Important Information on the Ongoing Ontario College Strike
- Moderate Chennai rains to continue on Tuesday, to reduce after 24 hours
- 'Let's Meet', Kejriwal Tweets to Punjab CM Amarinder Singh
- Nagarjuna's 'Manam' film set gutted in fire at Annapurna Studios in Hyderabad
- Tesco merger with Booker gets provisional approval from CMA
- Second Justice League Post-Credits Scene Leaks Ahead Of Friday's Big Release