The nightmare for students began at around 1:45 a.m. Sunday when firefighters responded to a report of a fire alarm.
According to witnesses, students were jumping inside the small and crowded apartment, causing it to collapse. Fort Worth Star-Telegram said the call was upgraded to a potential mass casualty incident once they arrived at the scene and additional support from other fire rescue units and Denton police was called for.
"It was just way too many people in my apartment, I have no idea who these people were", said Abiola Busari, who threw the party in his apartment.
Damage visible from the outside after the floor collapsed at a North Texas apartment complex during a party.
Sadio Mane Suffers Hamstring Injury Against South Africa, Returns to Liverpool
The Reds forward sustained the injury during the previous worldwide break and was expected to be sidelined for up to four weeks.
Carley Carroll is a UNT sophomore who lives on the second floor directly below the unit that collapsed.
Insane video shows a third floor apartment in Denton, Texas caving in Saturday night.
Denton police tell NBC 5 that they never received any 911 calls to complain about the noise before the collapse. Carroll says that's typical; she's called the cops on the party-goers before.
"I grabbed my keys, my wallet and I left to the police department", she said. Pipes were broken and leaked into the second and first floors.
Dinosaur-Era Shark With 300 Teeth Still Swims the Ocean
The scientists called the frilled shark as a "true living fossil " due to the remains that were discovered 80 million years ago. It has also been speculated that the frilled shark influenced 19th century sailors stories of sea serpents .
Most of the residents at the Ridge Apartments are OK.
The incident was caught on video from multiple angles from the apartment near the University of North Texas in Denton, near Dallas.
Students affected by this say both the apartment management and the university have helped secure places for them to stay, mostly in hotels or dorms and food.
Odd-even: AAP govt moves NGT seeking modification of its order
The CNG vehicles and emergency services, such as ambulance and fire engines, will only get exemption during the odd-even scheme. The Delhi government has said that it would appeal before the NGT on Monday seeking modification of the green court's order.
- Can Sex Trigger Fatal Cardiac Arrest? Study Finds Risk Is 'Extremely Low'
- Taylor Swift returns with Reputation tour, Denver show
- Lukaku: 'Ibrahimovic return will revive our title hopes'
- John O'Shea on Repbulic of Ireland v Denmark play-off
- Atlanta Braves hire Alex Anthopoulos as next general manager
- Google Asks Android Developers to Justify Accessibility Services
- Google Pixel 2 XL hit with unresponsive edges issue
- Last day of Tiger… shoot for Salman, shares Race 3 1st look
- Rohit Shetty's film crosses the Rs 200 crore mark
- LeBron James: Knicks Made Mistake Passing On Dennis Smith Jr