Lyft said its service would be available in Toronto "to help ring in the holidays".
It's move into the Toronto market will be its first outside the U.S.
Founded in 2012, Lyft has operations in every American state.
This year, Lyft ate into Uber's marketshare nationally causing the ride-hail behemoth's hold on the U.S.to fall from 84 percent to 73 percent.
A spokesman confirmed that Uber will be unprofitable overall, although some cities may break even.
League victor Liam Miller, 36, fighting cancer
Miller then went on to play for Leeds United, Sunderland , Q.P.R., Hibernians, Perth Glory, Brisbane Roar and Melbourne City. Some incredibly sad news began to emerge last night that former Irish global Liam Miller was gravely ill, fighting cancer.
Uber has often said its heavy losses were necessary to establish itself in new markets.
Furthermore, the company is operating at a bit of a disadvantage since Uber is already in Toronto and other parts of Canada.
Khosrowshahi's comments are also a testament to Lyft's growth.
'Before you know it, Lyft will be coming to you live in Toronto, ' the company said in a blogpost, without giving a launch date.
Toronto city council introduced rules to allow the service to operate legally previous year. 'I think it's over-capitalized at this point.
US Geological Survey: Magnitude 6.8 Earthquake Hits off Costa Rica's Coast
He says the shaking whipped up two-foot waves in his swimming pool and knocked over glasses and containers in the kitchen. No injuries were reported but some people in Alajuela and Orotina were without power, according to La Nacion .
'But I'm not optimistic that that market is going to be profitable any time soon'.
Ride-sharing service Lyft said Monday it is planning to launch in Toronto in December in its first foray outside of the U.S. The company and Uber rival announced the news in a blog posting. Indeed, there have been reports since the start of the year that such plans were imminent.
Uber also has been embroiled in a fight in Quebec over the province's rules for ride-hailing services.
In Britain and Brazil, prospects are brightening.
Man charged with manslaughter in hockey stick beating death of Uber driver
Kosugi allegedly hit Tolk's auto while it was stopped, and the driver got out of the vehicle to confront the suspect. A 68-year-old Uber driver died after a man hit him in the head with a hockey stick over the weekend, police say.
- LeBron James: Knicks Made Mistake Passing On Dennis Smith Jr
- Can Sex Trigger Fatal Cardiac Arrest? Study Finds Risk Is 'Extremely Low'
- Bill Gates commits $100 million to help fight Alzheimer's
- Texas College Apartment Party Causes Floor to Collapse
- Taylor Swift returns with Reputation tour, Denver show
- The Weeknd's Epic Rebound Behavior Post Selena Gomez Breakup
- Olivier Giroud says the trust of Arsene Wenger validates Arsenal stay
- Alex Azar unveiled as Trump's pick for health secretary
- Packers top Bears for first win without Rodgers
- Captain among two martyred in cross-border terrorist attack in Bajaur Agency