Former Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos will be announced as the Atlanta Braves' new general manager, and it appears he will have ultimate decision-making authority in the baseball department.
The official announcement is expected to come sometime during the MLB GM meetings, which begin on Monday.
Special assistant and global scouting supervisor Gordon Blakeley was also forced to resign along with Coppolella on October 2.
Sadio Mane Suffers Hamstring Injury Against South Africa, Returns to Liverpool
The Reds forward sustained the injury during the previous worldwide break and was expected to be sidelined for up to four weeks.
Anthopoulos, 40, had been the Dodgers' vice president of baseball operations, a position he held since he left the Blue Jays after the 2015 season.
The Atlanta Braves reportedly have their new general manager.
The investigation is expected to be completed within the next few weeks and the Braves are likely to face heavy penalties including the possible loss of prospects and restrictions on draft and free-agent dealings.
Dinosaur-Era Shark With 300 Teeth Still Swims the Ocean
The scientists called the frilled shark as a "true living fossil " due to the remains that were discovered 80 million years ago. It has also been speculated that the frilled shark influenced 19th century sailors stories of sea serpents .
Anthopoulos was the Braves' second choice for the job with Kansas City Royals GM Dayton Moore being their favourite, Sherman writes. Sherman reports that Hart prefers Anthopoulos for the GM job, while club vice chairman John Schuerholz is thought to prefer former Cubs GM Jim Hendry.
Earlier in November, Anthopoulos told the Star he was still a Jays fan. Sources say Coppolella has hired a lawyer, though he isn't speaking about the matter.
Hart was also being looked at by Major League Baseball in its investigation to determine whether he had knowledge of misdeeds by Coppolella and Blakeley. The former Blue Jays GM will be taking over for John Coppalella, who was sacked following MLB's investigation into the team's activities in the global market.
Taylor Swift returns with Reputation tour, Denver show
Taylor Swift performs at DIRECTV NOW Super Saturday Night Concert at Club Nomadic on Saturday, Feb. 4, 2017 in Houston, Texas. Tickets for the North American portion of Swift's " reputation " tour go on sale to the general public December 13.
- Man charged with manslaughter in hockey stick beating death of Uber driver
- Moto X4 adds variety to the mid-range Android smartphone space
- Martellus Bennett is active for the Patriots for Sunday Night Football
- US, South Korea start drills in show of force against North
- Fraser Anning Is Swearing Up And Down Pauline Hanson Kicked *Him* Out
- Xi calls on Seoul to resume North Korea talks
- LeBron James: Knicks Made Mistake Passing On Dennis Smith Jr
- Last day of Tiger… shoot for Salman, shares Race 3 1st look
- Qualcomm rejects Broadcom $103 billion offer
- South Africa's Zuma says has no plans to announce free education programme