A city police officer was shot and killed while on routine patrol early Friday morning, reports CBS New Orleans affiliate WWL-TV.
The Officer was transported to University Medical Center, where he died.
The name of the officer has not been released at this time at the request of the family. Harrison said four officers were patrolling the area when they "saw something that aroused their suspicion", and caused them to exit a police auto.
Tagbo's death: Davido releases official statement, CCTV footages
On the cause of death of two other Davido's friends who were found dead inside a BMW vehicle marked KJA631AY on October 7 at Banana Island, Edgal said the autopsy had not been concluded.
New Orleans Police Chief Michael Harrison told reporters that gunshots were fired at four officers shortly after midnight local time (1 a.m. ET). The officers returned fire and the suspect was also struck.
When the officer got out of his vehicle, someone fired and hit him.
Following the shooting, the 30-year-old suspect ran into a nearby apartment building.
Twitter Reacts: Zuma set to face 783 criminal charges
Zuma and the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA ) were appealing against the High Court ruling, made in April 2016. Mpshe's decision was immediately challenged by the Democratic Alliance (DA) in a case that dragged on for 8 years.
State Police and ATF were also on the scene early Friday morning.
It's unclear how many shots were fired by the suspect or police, Harrison said, who added the investigation is still active.
A SWAT team responded and the suspect eventually surrendered.
Alphabet Inc (GOOGL) Receives Buy Rating from Jefferies Group LLC
The firm has a market capitalization of $685.43 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 35.85 and a beta of 0.94. The fund purchased 625 shares of the information services provider's stock, valued at approximately $574,000.
- Tesla recalls 11000 Model X over faulty rear seats
- FEMA actually can stay in Puerto Rico indefinitely
- Paris Mayor Plans To Eliminate All Non-Electric Cars By 2030
- Investors Sell Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (WMT) on Strength (WMT)
- Citigroup Q3 Profit Up 8%, Results Beat View
- Pakistan Court Delays Ex-PM Sharif's Indictment After Clash
- Jones Wanting Players To Stand For National Anthem "To Remove Debate"
- Michael Jordan believes super teams are ruining the National Basketball Association
- Download Microsoft Edge preview for Android
- Father of missing Texas girl, 3, did laundry before reporting daughter gone