"The event has earthquake-like characteristics, however, we can not conclusively confirm at this time the nature (natural or human-made) of the event", the U.S. agency told AFP.
South Korea has detected a fourth small quake near North Korea's main nuclear test site after the country's sixth and most powerful nuclear test explosion last month.
Meanwhile, the South Korea Meteorological Administration posted on its official website that "analysis shows it was a natural quake".
Golden Knights expect wide range of emotions for home opener
Instead, the all-white boards simply displayed the message " Vegas Strong ". This is the best start ever from an National Hockey League expansion team.
Today (Thursday), a relatively weak 2.9 magnitude quake was recorded near the North Korean town of Sungjibaegam.
North Korea's last nuclear test on September 3 caused a 6.3 magnitude quake, according to the USGS.
Maps showing the epicentre of a 2.9 quake in North Korea, left, along with the location of the Punggye-ri Nuclear Test Site, right. The tremor was the latest in a string of at least three shocks to be observed since Pyongyang's September 3 nuclear test, which caused a 6.3 magnitude natural disaster. "If it goes ahead with another test in this area, it could risk radioactive pollution".
Russia-Linked Campaign Targeted Pokemon Go
The page was one of hundreds shut down after Facebook realized their connection to the IRA. Instead, it appears to be a blog that only posts pro-Palestine content.
The last time a weapon was detonated at the site, a magnitude-6.3 natural disaster was detected. In July, North Korea carried out two tests of ballistic missiles, and on August 29 and September 15 it launched two missiles, which flew over Japan's territory.
These disturbances are more numerous and widespread than seen after any of the North's previous tests, 38 North has said. "The recent small quakes suggest that the test might have triggered crust deformation". Since North Korea began testing its nuclear capabilities, experts have debated whether explosions at Punggye-ri could trigger another volcanic eruption.
Who is Melania Trump?
First Lady of the United States, Melania Trump , has chosen to wear a dress designed by a former first lady at a recent event. Unless she receives the formal apology she expects, Ivana will make sure Melania is "blacklisted" in NY society.
- The ESRB doesn't "consider loot boxes to be gambling"
- Pakistan Court Delays Ex-PM Sharif's Indictment After Clash
- NY voter registration deadline Friday for 2017 election, 2018 primaries
- Samsung Has Made a Darth Vader Vacuum For Cleaning Rebel Scum
- Jason Momoa's Tasteless 'Game Of Thrones' Rape Joke Resurfaces Amid Weinstein Scandal
- $1.50 EPS Expected for Digital Realty Trust, Inc. (DLR)
- Crocodile suspected of killing Australian with dementia who wandered from nursing home
- Scholes in line for post of Oldham boss
- Twitter Suspends Actress Rose McGowan's Account
- Investors Sell Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (WMT) on Strength (WMT)