The Michigan mother who was sentenced to seven days in jail for not vaccinating her son has now lost primary custody of him.
"I was trying to protect my kids", Rebecca Bredow told ABC News Friday in her first interview since her release from jail. In previous court pleadings, she said that Bredow had consented to getting the shots, meaning her refusal to do so constituted contempt.
"It's been a rough few days to say the least", she added.
Oxford unveils plans for zero emission zone
As vehicle technology develops, the zero-emission zone would extend to all vehicle types across the whole city centre by 2035. In George Street, the city's most polluted area, NO2 emissions could be reduced by as much as 74 percent under the new plans.
A United States mum jailed for defying a court order to vaccinate her young son says she's outraged he's been given several immunisations while she's been locked away.
"It was the worst five days of my life, except for the fact that I just found out that he was vaccinated and I'm not going to get him back today", Bredow said.
The judge took away Bredow's primary custody of the child and said she would have to share guardianship with her ex-husband, James Horne, the AP reported. While she was in jail, Horne was granted temporary custody of their son, and the boy received four immunizations Monday.
No significant penalties for UNC in NCAA's long-awaited report on academic scandals
The panel also determined that North Carolina did not fail to monitor or lack institutional control over the athletic department. The accurate figure is less than 30 percent, the school said.
Parents in MI are legally allowed to skip or delay their children's vaccinations due to personal beliefs, according to the BBC. "Your attorney signed that order", she added at the time of sentencing. She said she will do that. She told the Press that being in jail was "horrific" but "I still stand by my choices because I stand up for what I believe in".
After Bredow said that she and her ex-husband agreed until recently on not vaccinating their child, the judge said that Bredow acknowledged in her own pleadings that he was up-to-date on his vaccinations when he was a year old.
Do you think all states should require vaccinations with only medical vaccinations?
Aston Martin DB11 Volante unveiled
Like the coupe, the V8 unit sends 503 horsepower and 513 lb-ft of torque to the rear wheels through an eight-speed automatic. With a sticker price of $216,000, United States buyers should expect to see the Volante in showrooms in early to mid 2018.
- Flight 666 to HEL makes its final Friday 13th trip
- Kurdistan Sends Peshmerga Troops to Kirkuk Amid 'Threats' by Iraqi Army
- Packers at Vikings: Preview, prediction, odds and pick
- Facebook's 'Order Food' feature officially launches across the US
- President Trump Delivers Remarks to the 2017 Values Voter Summit
- United Kingdom to provide £557m funding for new renewable energy projects
- Mobile adds another limit to its 'unlimited' data plans
- Pakistan suspended from Federation Internationale de Football Association membership, can not play in global competitions
- BMW, China's Great Wall in possible EV joint venture
- Rahul's Elevation as Congress President Happening Now: Sonia Gandhi