In the last few days, actresses like Ashley Judd, Rose McGowan, Angelina Jolie, and Gwyneth Paltrow have spoken on the record about times Weinstein allegedly sexually harassed them.
"I'm ashamed that I didn't say anything right then", Fonda said.
"I have not been so bold".
Sergio Aguero returns to training just 11 days after vehicle crash
Manchester City ace Sergio Aguero admits wearing his seat belt saved him after his vehicle accident in Amsterdam last month. I want to be certain and not have pain.
Fonda declined to discuss what Arquette told her.
She said she now regretted staying silent.
NEW: @Janefonda tells me: "I found out about [Harvey Weinstein] about a year ago". Arquette then left the room. One of the women who spoke, Rosanna Arquette, told me what had happened to him, it was a shock and a huge disappointment.
Be sure to catch Jane's FULL sit down with Amanpour when it airs on Friday. Fonda is a daring feminist figure who's fought loudly and publicly for a number of causes; she's known for her fierce activism almost as much as she is for her on-screen work.
Trump Questions NBC's TV License Over A News Story
As various folks were pointing out after his initial tweet tirade, networks are not licensed by the FCC, though owned TV stations are.
Fonda, an Academy Award victor, spoke to Amanpour about her own past experiences with sexual harassment and abuse.
When pressed by Amanpour, Fonda said this sort of thing also happened to her in the past-though never perpetrated by Weinstein.
Fonda, 79, said she only met Weinstein once but didn't have a negative experience with him. I know that it has taken a long time.
"It's unacceptable and we can't ever forget that and we have to stand up to them".
Pakistan suspended from Federation Internationale de Football Association membership, can not play in global competitions
The Pakistan soccer federation's "offices and its accounts remain in control of a court-appointed administrator", FIFA said. The suspension should also bar Hayat from duty at the Asian Football Confederation.
In recent days, famous movie stars such as Ryan Gosling, Emma Thompson, Brie Larson and Tom Hanks have spoken out in support of those who have been affected by the sexual harassment scandal now encircling producer Harvey Weinstein. Fonda speculated that men may think, "our president does it, and he got elected even after people discovered that he was an abuser, so I'm just going to go ahead and do what I want to do". And what kind of a message does that say? "That counteracts a lot of the good that we're doing.it's unacceptable".
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola named Premier League Manager of Month
- Uber files appeal against Transport for London
- Facebook's 'Order Food' feature officially launches across the US
- Harbour Capital Advisors LLC Buys 170288 Shares of Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO)
- China's trade with North Korea slumps as nuclear sanctions start to bite
- Analyst's Predictions on Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (AERI), Anadarko Petroleum Corporation (APC)
- : New Trailer For Spike Lee's TV Adaptation
- Technical Analysis Perspective: Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD), Spherix Incorporated (SPEX)
- Aston Martin DB11 Volante unveiled
- Packers at Vikings: Preview, prediction, odds and pick