Oil prices edged up on Wednesday, rising for a third day on signs that markets are gradually tightening after years of oversupply, although the outlook for 2018 remained less certain.
Elsewhere, for December delivery on the ICE Futures Exchange in London was down 22 cents or about 0.39% at $56.72 a barrel.
Analysts and traders were expecting the from the U.S. Energy Information Administration due later Thursday to show a decline in crude stockpiles for the week ended October 6. US light crude was down 67 cents to $50.63 a barrel.
Justice Department latest sanctuary city move on Chicago, Cook County
Similar letters were sent to New York, New Orleans , Chicago and Cook County. It determined Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, and CT to be in compliance.
Separately, U.S. President Donald Trump was expected Thursday to announce a de-certification of the 2015 nuclear deal with Iran, putting its future into question.
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development's (OECD) commercial stocks fell 14.2m barrels in August to just over 3bn barrels, leaving the surplus 170m barrels over the five-year average, down from 318m barrels at the end of January.
The agency forecast that 2018 crude oil output will rise by 680,000 barrels per day (bpd) to 9.92 million bpd.
Who is Melania Trump?
First Lady of the United States, Melania Trump , has chosen to wear a dress designed by a former first lady at a recent event. Unless she receives the formal apology she expects, Ivana will make sure Melania is "blacklisted" in NY society.
Carsten Fritsch, commodities analyst at Commerzbank in Frankfurt, said the tone of the IEA report was bearish because it suggested that demand for OPEC crude next year would not be sufficient to absorb all the available supplies.
The entity said the world would need 33.06 million barrels per day (bpd) of its crude next year, 230 thousand barrels morer than its previous forecast.
Tesla recalls 11000 Model X over faulty rear seats
Tesla says it has no reports of any injuries arising from the issue, and says it found the problem during internal testing. This can prevent the left seat from locking in an upright position and allow the seat to slide forward during a crash.
- 'Fortnite' Publisher Epic is Suing Two Alleged Cheaters
- Yankees Beat Indians, Advance To ALCS: Twitter Reacts
- Guman opens fire in market in Trelleborg, Sweden
- FEMA actually can stay in Puerto Rico indefinitely
- Crocodile suspected of killing Australian with dementia who wandered from nursing home
- Ireland to play their first Test in May
- Target partners with Google for voice shopping through Google Express
- The ESRB doesn't "consider loot boxes to be gambling"
- Michael Jordan believes super teams are ruining the National Basketball Association
- Hannity to interview Trump in Harrisburg tonight; here's how to watch