The two companies are discussing the possible export of Mini brand cars from China to other markets, said the officials, who asked not to be identified because the deliberations are private.
It appears that MINI production is about to venture into China for the first time, if a report by Bloomberg is to be believed.
The stock jumped 14% on Wednesday after www.iautodaily.com, a Chinese website, reported Great Wall and BMW would set up a joint venture in China and were selecting a venue to build a manufacturing plant. BMW said it planned to grow the Mini brand in China with a new local partner, without naming Great Wall.
Sergio Aguero returns to training just 11 days after vehicle crash
Manchester City ace Sergio Aguero admits wearing his seat belt saved him after his vehicle accident in Amsterdam last month. I want to be certain and not have pain.
If the JV project moves ahead, it will be BMW's second partnership operation in China. "But producing electric cars will help BMW to meet its quota now that China demands every carmaker in the country. produce a certain number of such cars starting from 2019".
FILE PHOTO: A Great Wall Motors Haval HB-02 concept vehicle is presented during the Auto China 2016 auto show in Beijing, China, April 29, 2016. It added they entered another agreement in February this year to evaluate the feasibility of cooperation for vehicles under the Mini brand.
"Our business development with the joint venture BMW Brilliance Automotive will continue as planned, and we will carry on to invest and develop our joint venture." a spokesman for BMW said, declining to comment on any new joint venture.
Firecrackers ban: SC to hear traders' plea today
As reported by NDTV, the apex court said that it was "pained and sad" that a communal colour was being given to the order. In the recent development, the Supreme Court has refused to relax on the ban of the sale of firecrackers in Delhi NCR.
Thus far neither automaker has officially commented on the reports.
Last month it struck a deal to secure supplies of lithium, a mineral key for developing electric vehicles.
Trading would be suspended pending clarification of press articles, the company said.
SC refers Sabarimala temple's ban on women to Constitution Bench
With this verdict by Supreme Court, the long sustaining protest against the entry of women tends to put an end to the practice. Confining the questions for reference to the Constitution Bench, a Bench of Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra , Justices R.
- Mauricio Pochettino reacts to Pep Guardiola calling Tottenham 'the Harry Kane team'
- Jones Wanting Players To Stand For National Anthem "To Remove Debate"
- Twitter Reacts: Zuma set to face 783 criminal charges
- Download Microsoft Edge preview for Android
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (GT) Earns "Buy" Rating from KeyCorp
- Analyst's Predictions on Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (AERI), Anadarko Petroleum Corporation (APC)
- Technical Analysis Perspective: Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD), Spherix Incorporated (SPEX)
- : New Trailer For Spike Lee's TV Adaptation
- Officer shot in New Orleans East, NOPD says
- China's trade with North Korea slumps as nuclear sanctions start to bite