However, the US National Hurricane Center has predicted it will weaken to a regular storm before it hits the United Kingdom on Monday (October 17).
A hurricane brewing over the Atlantic threatens to bring strong winds on Monday - and a mini-heatwave.
Hurricane Ophelia is set to pay Ireland a visit next week, after it sweeps across the Atlantic.
Amazon's waterproof 'Kindle Oasis' e-reader launched in India at Rs. 21999
The new version of the Kindle Oasis comes with a six-week battery life and a brighter 7-inch screen with 300ppi pixel density. The water-safe fabric covers are priced at Rs 2,999 and will be available in indigo, charcoal and sandstone colour variants.
At 5 a.m., the center of the storm was about 725 miles southwest of the Azores. The hurricane does not now pose a threat to any land.
Some "slight strengthening" is possible over the next day or two, the NOAA said. Ophelia remains well away from any landmasses at the present time.
The Met Office: "Ophelia will no longer be a hurricane, but will most likely still be a detailed low pressure system bringing strong winds across Northern Ireland and western parts of the United Kingdom".
PSG Star Claims "It's A Possibility" That Alexis Sanchez Will Join Them
Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez will not be going to the World Cup next summer thanks to an eventful final day in qualification. After Brazil's 3-0 win over Chile this week, Alves said: "He is wanted by many teams".
Warm air from Spain, where Ophelia is heading before turning north, could bring temperatures of up to 25C.
A hurricane is headed for the United Kingdom - and it's due to hit on the 30-year anniversary of the 1987 Great Storm.
BBC meteorologist Michael Fish famously brushed off reports that "there was a hurricane on the way" just hours before the storm hit.
Air quality alters Raiders practice, Bay Area teams donate $450K
People can go to www.valleyair.org/RAAN to check local air quality conditions. It is imperative that Santa Clara County residents protect their health.
A Weather Channel report says Florida is the most likely state to see a hurricane make landfall during this part of the hurricane season.
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' May Be Losing a Lead Cast Member
- All Whites to play Peru for World Cup berth
- Gold nearly 2 million dollars found in wastewater in Switzerland
- Razer's first ever smartphone is coming next month
- Pakistan's Election Commission slaps non-bailable warrant against PTI Chairman Imran Khan
- Wilshere reveals Invincibles blueprint for Arsenal style
- Secret Superstar: Aamir Khan's Sexy Baliye song is all sorts of insane
- Movies Anywhere finally brings your digitally purchased movies together in one place
- Sensex Jumps 348 Points On Earnings Optimism; Nifty Nears 10100
- Next Weeks Broker Price Targets For PayPal (NASDAQ:PYPL)