The 24-year-old man made a decision to seek alms after he could not withdraw money using his bank ATM card as the PIN got locked, police said. Swaraj in a tweet assured all possible help to Evangelin.
After reports of the 24-year-old foreigner having to beg, the External Minister on Tuesday took to Twitter offering help saying, "Evangelin - Your country Russian Federation is our time-tested friend".
According to police, the Russian traveler had arrived in New Delhi on September 8 and reached Tamil Nadu on September 24 with some of his friends. After searching in vain for fellow Russian tourists across the temple town, he finally sat down at a temple and began to seek alms.
India meets Japan in opener
INDIA hammered Japan 5-1 to keep a strong grip of Group A in the Asia Cup in Dhaka , Bangladesh, on Wednesday. It was also a winning debut for Sjoerd Marijne as National Coach.
Police arranged money for the Russian and asked him to contact consulate officials in Chennai for help. After mistakenly blocking his ATM's pin code, the foreigner was forced to beg for money outside a temple.
The 24-year old arrived at the Kumarakottam Sri Subramanya Swami temple in Kancheepuram and sat at the entrance with his backpack and sought alms using his cap.
When the local police came to know about this, they reached the spot and took him to the police station.
Erdogan blames U.S. for initiating visa row with Turkey
Consulate in the southern province of Adana, was arrested in March for alleged links to outlawed Kurdish militants. Metin Topuz is accused of espionage and "attempting to overthrow the Turkish government and constitution".
After verifying his travel documents, they also offered him some money so that he could travel to Chennai.
Well, it is not the first time that Sushma Swaraj has helped someone in need. Swaraj on Tuesday came to the aid of a sick Pakistani national by giving him a medical visa for his liver transplant surgery in India.
Earth to witness asteroid swingby over the southern sky on Thursday
A small asteroid is scheduled to pass by Earth safely at a distance of around 50,000 km above our globe's surface on Thursday. This asteroid was discovered by the Panoramic Survey Telescope and Rapid Response System (Pan-STARRS) in Hawaii in 2012.
- Ten Arrested In LSU Phi Delta Theta Fraternity Hazing Death
- You can't use your old pound coins after THIS WEEKEND
- Matt Damon ruins Jimmy Kimmel's interview with Chris Hemsworth
- Hollywood Bowl Group PLC (BOWL) Rating Reiterated by Investec
- United Nations urges Myanmar's Suu Kyi to stop violence against Rohingya Muslims
- Disney ends development on Jack and the Beanstalk original feature, huge
- Heartbreaking Reasons Why International Day Of The Girl Is So, So Important
- Newly constituted Economic Advisory Council to PM holds 1st meeting
- US Suspends Non-Immigrant Visa Services in Turkey After Arrest
- Four new Xbox One S bundles announced