In his first address to the annual gathering of world leaders at the 193-member UN General Assembly since taking office in January, Guterres said the North Korea crisis must be solved through a political process, Reuters reported.
Pyongyang carried out its sixth and most power nuclear test earlier this month and last week launched an intermediate range ballistic missile that flew over Japanese territory for the second time.
"We must ensure no one and no member state shoulders a disproportionate share of the burden - and that's militarily or financially", said President Donald Trump.
"Reform in President Trump's words is code for stripping the human rights system of much-needed resources".
Fergie Opens About About Split With Josh Duhamel
During the last days of their marriage, "They were spending a lot of time separately with Axl ". Meanwhile, Fergie's mother recently admitted she didn't know the singer had split from Josh.
USA representative to the United Nations Nikki Hailey said that the US hoped to gain consensus for its initiative, the state-run TASS news agency cited her as saying. He has been so critical of the United Nations.
Trump will also argue that his nationalist doctrine of "America First" is not an impediment to worldwide cooperation, but rather a rational basis for countries to work together, without losing sight of their own self-interest.
How you can score free tickets to one of 20 Colorado museums
Each ticket grants access to the holder plus one guest, with one ticket being permitted per email address. Museum Day Live! is this Saturday and over 1,250 museums across the country are participating.
Trump used U.S. student Otto Warmbier - who died just days after his release from North Korea - as an example of the regime's "torture'and 'oppression".
He slammed the Iran nuclear deal, calling it "an embarrassment" and one of the worst that the United States has ever entered into.
He added that, as American president, he will always "put America first".
Fuel crisis: Industry and Government to work together to restore supply
Whether the fuel crisis will have an impact on New Zealand's election remains unclear. The airline said it has cancelled a total of 26 domestic flights.
- Starbucks 'hero' may be sued after stopping armed robbery
- Abe Urges Int'l Community to Unite to Pressure N. Korea
- Late-night host Jimmy Kimmel slams Cassidy over healthcare bill
- (NASDAQ:AMAT) and Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATVI)
- AIA's new boss gets a good deal in Australia
- HBO Adds Fifth Prequel Series
- Global stocks, dollar flat as investors brace for Fed statement
- Seoul To Separate Aid To N Korea From Political Situations
- Teenager returns lost wallet with $1500 inside to owner
- Trump says he may have to destroy North Korea in United Nations speech