As Tesla pushes towards its goal of building a self-driving auto, it has emerged that the on-board artificial intelligence chip is being built upon AMD intellectual property, this is according to a source close to the project.
Fergie Opens About About Split With Josh Duhamel
During the last days of their marriage, "They were spending a lot of time separately with Axl ". Meanwhile, Fergie's mother recently admitted she didn't know the singer had split from Josh.
At a GlobalFoundaries conference on Wednesday, the CEO, Sanjay Jha, said that Tesla was an example of a company that is working with fabricators.
AMD has reportedly already sent Tesla early samples of the new semi-custom chip, with testing already underway.
'Using Extreme Power,' Court Pulls Up Bengal On Immersion Order: 10 Facts
Delivering a stern rebuke, the high court told the state not to curtail citizens' rights senselessly. The bench hearing the three PILs is expected to give its verdict on Thursday.
Tesla has an existing relationship with Nvidia, whose GPUs power its Autopilot system, but this new in-house chip reported by CNBC could potentially reduce its reliance on third-party AI processing hardware. AMD shares were up 2%, near 14 in after-hours trading in the stock market today, after rising 4% during regular-hours trading.
Tesla's aim is to develop a fully-fledged AI chip that is able to take on all driving tasks in order to fuel a fleet of fully self-driving cars, which CEO Elon Musk claimed would be taking on the roads by 2019.
Apple is slipping after disappointing reviews of the new Apple Watch (AAPL)
The big feature of the Apple Watch 3 that sets is apart from the others is its built-in eSIM that allows for LTE connectivity. Still you get what you pay for. oh.no you don't. "Our objective is to make the best product that enriches people's lives".
The speculation comes days after Intel's announcement that it will be working in partnership with Alphabet's Waymo on its own self-driving auto project. As it seems now, they have partnered up with AMD to do so. Keller's key role at the company would likely have influenced the automaker to drive towards owning its own processor design to more closely align its self-driving software and compute hardware components.
- Le Pen's right-hand man Florian Philippot quits France's National Front
- China to Donald Trump: Your North Korea speech was really unhelpful
- Myanmar mob attacks aid shipment headed to Rohingya area
- No terrorist havens in Pakistan, declares PM Abbasi in NY
- Lampard: Man Utd are certain Premier League title contenders
- Apple's iOS 11 Is Out - Here's What You Need to Know
- (NASDAQ:AMAT) and Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATVI)
- United Nations envoy slams North Korea's 'reckless' behavior
- Trump says he may have to destroy North Korea in United Nations speech
- Trump slams US's 'unfair' contribution to United Nations budget