At least 34 refugees who had fled political violence in Burundi were killed by government forces in the neighboring Democratic Republic of Congo, a civil society group said Saturday.
"Congolese defence and security forces then allegedly responded with indiscriminate firing on the protesters".
Interior minister Josue Boji said that troops tried to disperse the refugees, who were fleeing violence and unrest in their own country, when the group started to throw stones.
South Carolina's Deebo Samuel Breaks Leg, Season Over
The Gamecocks will be tasked with stopping Benny Snell and mobile quarterback Stephen Johnson , who will try to dictate the game. Samuel was on several awards lists, too. "They whipped us up front", Muschamp said of Kentucky.
Most of the refugees involved in yesterday's incident are followers of a female prophet called Zebiya, who has attested to seeing visions of the Virgin Mary in northern Burundi, according to testimony to AFP from some of them.
The Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General Congo, Maman Sidikou, in a statement said that he condemned the acts of violence perpetrated in Kamanyola.
More than 400,000 people have left Burundi since April 2015, when violent protests erupted after President Pierre Nkurunziza sought a third term in office.
No. 7 MI uses 5 FGs, punt return to beat Air Force
The red zone remained a flashing stop sign, but Nordin tied the MI record with his fifth boot through the uprights. Bush also recorded a sack in the game and supplied some of the speed to combat the option attack.
Congo is home to thousands of Burundian refugees.
Residents in the area tell The Associated Press the killings occurred after some Burundian refugees went to the bureau of intelligence in Kamanyola to inquire about four detained refugees.
Overall, the violence in Burundi has claimed between 500 and 2,000 lives, according to differing tolls provided by the United Nations or NGOs and more than 400,000 Burundians have fled overseas.
Mahut, Herbert put France ahead in Davis Cup semi
The other singles match, if needed, is scheduled to pit Belgium's Steve Darcis against John Millman. Belgium is hoping to reach the Davis Cup Final for the third time, the most recent being 2015.
- Egypt: Morsi life sentence upheld
- Ousted Pak PM faces key by-poll test today
- Vettel Beats Red Bulls To Singapore Grand Prix Pole Hamilton Fifth
- Liverpool FC fans should be asking questions about Jurgen Klopp - Liam Brady
- Ryan to impanel GOP working group on DACA
- Power Restored to 4.8 Million Floridians Impacted by Hurricane Irma
- Four killed in M5 pile-up after lorry has 'puncture'
- Nicki Minaj Attends Nas' Birthday Bash, Fueling Dating Rumors
- Five Dead at Hollywood Nursing Home Left Without Power After Irma
- Visitors Burnley Hold Liverpool to a 1-1 Draw