The tourists, only identified at this point as females in their 20s, were assaulted by a 41-year-old woman while walking through Saint Charles train station, a transportation hub of the city of Marseille. She said there were no immediate indications that the attack was terror-related but added officials can't rule out terror links at such an early stage of the investigation. All four of the women were hospitalized.
An embassy spokesman said Sunday that the US consulate in the southern port city of Marseille is communicating with French officials about the attack at Marseille's main train station.
Apple Inc. (AAPL) Watch Gets Weaker Speeds On T-Mobile Network
On the camera front, the iPhone 8 gets a 12MP single primary camera, while the iPhone 8 Plus gets a pair of 12MP shooters. Based on the listing, the iPhone 8 will be available in Space Grey, Gold and Silver colours for 64GB and 256GB variants.
The spokeswoman spoke on condition of anonymity, per the custom of the French judicial system.
No other information on where the USA tourists were from was released.
Two of the tourists, aged 20 and 21, received facial injuries and have been taken to hospital.
David Davis proposes new post-Brexit security pact to fight terrorism
Last October he declared Britain's approach to the Brexit negotiations was "having our cake and eating it". He predicted Britain will succeed in its new national enterprise, adding: "and will succeed mightily".
In past occurrences in Marseille, a driver purposely smashed into two transport stops a month ago, killing a lady, yet authorities said it wasn't fear related.
In January 2016, a 15-year-old Turkish Kurd was arrested after attacking a Jewish teacher on a Marseille street.
Sam Bradford a gametime decision for Sunday
Pittsburgh said one reason for Bell's usage - he played 43 of the team's 60 offensive snaps - was the number of penalties. Bradford's injury is to his left knee, the same knee he twice required surgeries to fix a torn ACL in 2013 and 2014.
- "Lady Gaga expresses her support to 'warrior princess" Selena Gomez
- Fernando Llorente on Why He Chose Tottenham Hotspur Over Chelsea FC
- No third party in NE: China on Japan FDI plan
- Celebrations across nation on PM Modi's 67th birthday
- Malware Alerts Prompt Google to Purge Android Apps From Play Store
- Trump's Message For His 1st UN General Assembly: Strength, 'Reform'
- U2 Cancels St. Louis Show Amid Protests
- GOM on GST Network to resolve 80% IT issues by 30 Oct
- Defence still Liverpool's Achilles heel, admits Klopp
- Merkel urges quiet diplomacy to resolve Qatar crisis