The visitors lost Ousmane Dembele to injury in the opening period of his full Liga debut and their Saturday afternoon got worse when Japan global Gaku Shibasaki scored his first Getafe goal in stunning fashion before the break.
Gaku Shibasak got the hosts off to a rocking start six minutes before the break - his sweetly hit left-footed volley from outside of the box left Marc-Andre ter Stegen no chance in the Barca goal as the ball rocketed into the roof of the net.
Chelsea's N'Golo Kante: 'Special' to make Champions League debut
N'GOLO KANTE is dreaming of an even better partnership with Danny Drinkwater at Chelsea than the duo's tittle-winning heroics at Leicester.
As for Getafe, Jorge Molina once again led the line for the capital outfit, while Japan worldwide Shibasaki also kept his position in the team.
Getafe had a wonderful chance to take the lead in the 17th minute when a deflected Shibasaki cross fell for Molina at the far post, but the striker turned just the wrong side of the post as Barcelona survived another risky moment.
Lookout for this Stock: Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc
The Company's segments include Cable Network Programming; Television; Filmed Entertainment, and Other, Corporate and Eliminations. Wellington Management Group Ltd Liability Partnership holds 0.52% or 5.69 million shares. 114,982 are held by Citigroup.
Barca eventually leveled matters after 62 minutes when substitute Denis Suarez fired the ball into the top corner from close range.
Paulinho's move to Barcelona may have been questioned by some, but he is quickly setting about silencing his critics.
Paulinho - just seven minutes after coming on - collected a Messi pass and showed strength to fend off two home defenders as he charged into the box before firing a fine finish into the far corner, ensuring his side's fine start to the campaign continued.
UEFA Champions League group stage wrap 13 September 2017
It's so important to try to win the game. "Last season after the first game against Monaco it was hard to change the dynamic". The Spanish global was integral to the team keeping a clean sheet and scored an excellent goal in the second half.
- Florida nursing home called emergency cellphone belonging to governor's office for help
- California lawmakers approve sanctuary bill
- Chelsea legend questions the quality of Tottenham signing
- A 'Secret' About Aamir Khan That You Probably Didn't Know
- Australia's tour of India: A battle of the equals
- Sikh Group Starts 'Langar' For Rohingya Refugees In Bangladesh
- Hillary Clinton 'can't forgive' voters who let her down
- Why You Should Wait for the Next iPhone
- NASA's Cassini Spacecraft Ends Mission With Plunge Into Saturn
- Iceland's Center-right Government Collapses Amid Pedophile Scandal