A big fire broke out at Mumbai's iconic RK Studio at Chembur on Saturday afternoon, reports said. The fire has been confined to electric wiring, electric installation, and decoration equipment.
"We have pressed five fire engines and four water tanks to douse the fire", said a senior fire official.
Officials of the emergency services are now at the scene of the incident and no injuries or casualties have been reported yet. It is being reported that the fire on the sets of the TV show "Super Dancer".
Climate change aggravates global hunger
Regions hit by climate-related disasters are then more susceptible to conflict and need more assistance in order to recover. An estimated 41 million children under five are overweight, a sign of malnutrition, that will increasingly affect the poor.
PS Rahangdale, the chief of the Mumbai fire brigade, said an alert call was received by the department around 2.22 pm and firefighters reached the spot within five minutes.
The major fire seems to have left the studio with extensive damages.
There were no crew members present on the set at the time. Under the RK banner, several films were produced by Raj Kapoor and his sons Randhir, Rishi and Rajiv.
How major U.S. stock market indexes fared Wednesday
Benchmark U.S. crude futures slipped 23 cents to $49.67 a barrel in electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Centene rose about 6 percent after the health insurer said it would buy privately held Fidelis Care for $3.75 billion.
Kapoor dynasty has made number of films over the decades in India.
The fire was reported around 1422 hrs and could be controlled only post 1700 hrs.
Ironically, the first movie shot in the studio which is named after Raj Kumar, was "Aag" back in 1948.
Chelsea legend questions the quality of Tottenham signing
But not everything is rosy at Tottenham with Pochettino still unsure when Danny Rose will return. He added: "It is clear that Pochettino played a very important role in the decision.
As the fire spread from all the sides, red flames and smoke billowed out.
- 17 national anti-doping agencies call for Russian Federation ban
- Iceland's Center-right Government Collapses Amid Pedophile Scandal
- Vettel fights back, beats Verstappen to Singapore F1 pole
- Lookout for this Stock: Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc
- NASA's Cassini Spacecraft Ends Mission With Plunge Into Saturn
- Investor Focus on DelMar Pharmaceuticals Inc (DMPI) Shares
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance IPO opens on Friday
- Australia's tour of India: A battle of the equals
- Sikh Group Starts 'Langar' For Rohingya Refugees In Bangladesh
- Key villains introduced in new Assassin's Creed Origins trailer