"Obviously I knew that I was going to have a chance so we tried to push", Giroud said.
The lead unfortunately wouldn't last long as Leicester City eventually equalized just two minutes later, but the memory is one that both Lacazette and Arsenal fans will hold onto, as their new boy provided plenty of promise for the coming season.
Man City without injured duo for Brighton trip
Leicester manager Craig Shakespeare couldn't have imagined Wenger would have the Gunners completely abandon center backs. He got on the end of an excellent cross from Mohamed Elneny to stun the visitors with his second touch of the game.
"Top quality game and you want PL to be best in the world and you have to produce games like that", Wenger told reporters.
Arsenal debutant Alexandre Lacazette gave his team a dream start with a goal after only 94 seconds. Jamie struct again in the 56th minute to make 3-2 for The Foxes before Aaron Ramsey's 83rd and Giroud's 85th minutes goals prove decisive at the Emirates Stadium.
The French worldwide has been linked with an exit from the Emirates over the summer, and to the delight of Arsenal fans Marseille boss Rudi Garcia most recently revealed that they had ended their pursuit of the striker.
Giroud had been linked with an exit during the summer, and Wenger admitted he considered allowing his most authentic target man to leave but the 30-year-old resisted the idea.
Unlike Sun, Guam trusts in President Trump
Eddie Baza Calvo laughing and joking with the president as they discuss everything from the readiness of the USA military to tourism.
'When we thought about the key qualities, they were the experience, the gravitas for a club like this, a record of success in the game.
"But I don't want him to go and in the end he chose to stay and it was one of the days of recent weeks for me because I know how important he is".
"We had some avoidable goals which we conceded and overall we have to work on that", he said referring to poor marking in the by his team's defence.
To think, we have an entire opening weekend to go yet, as well as an entire season.
Olympics could open North Korea -- Rex Tilley
On Tuesday, Trump promised to unleash "fire and fury" on North Korea if it was to launch an attack on the U.S. or its allies. Photo A-10 planes lined up for takeoff on Thursday from the United States Osan Air Base in Pyeongtaek, South Korea.
- Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro likely gets confirmed; Gear Sport clears FCC
- Trump's 'fire and fury' over North Korea hurts his Asia allies
- Pep Guardiola forecasts end to Manchester City spending spree
- Isco "very close" to signing new contract with Real Madrid
- Tensione Usa-NordCorea, Kim:"Vi spazzeremo via", Trump
- Political tensions continue to weigh on stocks
- The Latest North Korean Sanctions Show
- Google Android O stable version could roll out on August 21
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN) Shares Bought by James Investment Research Inc
- SeaWorld Entertainment Inc (SEAS) Stock Rating Lowered by FBR & Co