With Alexis Sanchez likely to leave either this or next summer, securing Ozil's signature would be a huge boost for Arsenal and their future plans.
"He had a little abdominal strain that he caught on Sunday morning in training, before he came to Wembley (for the FA Community Shield final on Sunday)", Wenger was quoted as saying by Arsenal's website on Tuesday. He had a scan two days ago and he's out for a while - I don't know if it is two weeks or one more week, but he will not be available.
Elsewhere, Wenger has ruled out a move for Leicester wide man Mahrez after insisting the Gunners were "never close" in their pursuit of the player, per Jon Paul of the Leicester Mercury: "We were never close".
Trump opens door to investigating China's "theft" of USA intellectual property
Trump has been trying for months to get China to exert more pressure on North Korea, but has recently expressed frustration with the lack of progress.
Wenger has of course repeatedly stated that Sanchez will stay at Arsenal this season and said the Chilean forward "has to respect that decision" but is something else going on here?
"Some you know about and that's very hard for a group of players to cope with that - and some other reasons we will talk about on another day".
Ozil and fellow midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain are also out of contract at the end of the season, and offers of more than £50m for either of them or Sanchez would test Wenger's resolve to keep hold of them.
"Personally, I think he is a hugely talented player".
Avengers 4 Begins Shooting, First Set Photo Arrives
Marvel has not officially released a trailer for Avengers: Infinity War or revealed the title for Avengers 4 . The Russo Brothers have confirmed that filming is now underway on the still currently-untitled Avengers 4 .
But Wenger says his striker remains concentrated on matters at the Emirates Stadium.
'If you look at the number of players that are out on loan, they can call a few back, ' he said.
'Sanchez's work ethic is outstanding, as I have said many times.
Uber investors seek to oust Benchmark after 'destructive' lawsuit
At the time, Kalanick inserted a provision that gave him the "absolute right" to select three directors to fill the seats. Uber's board members are presently searching for a new CEO after Kalanick's departure.
- Tillerson doubles down as China takes new hard line on North Korea
- Gold Price Hits Highest Levels In Two Months
- Elon Musk's AI Just "Wiped Out" World's Best DOTA 2 Players
- Dead, 2 Injured in New Milford Plane Crash
- Tampa Bay Bucs waive kicker Roberto Aguayo
- Flood situation in Assam worsens; 10 lakh people affected in 19 districts
- Jamie Carragher insists signing Virgil van Dijk won't solve Liverpool's defensive woes
- FTSE 100 takes cover from war of words over South Korea
- Stop playing against India, focus on Domestic cricket: Javed Miandad advices PCB
- Keith Ellison says Donald Trump acting more dangerously than North Korean leader