In fact, according to an article on whalefacts.org, there has only been one confirmed case of a killer whale attack on a human in the wild, and that occurred 45 years ago in 1972.
A group of swimmers at West Vancouver's Whytecliff Park got quite the surprise this holiday long weekend: they were joined by a pod of orcas.
Warning: Mature language used, viewer discretion is advised.
State Police Make 60 DUI Arrests During July 4 Holiday Enforcement
The NMSP provided an increased patrol presence during this initiative on roadways throughout all State Police districts. Through the enforcement period that ended with the July 4 holiday, troopers also responded to 1,368 speeding violations.
As the camera turns, you see two other men scrambling out of the water with the orcas just a few metres away.
Instagram user Robin Léveillé posted a video showing a pod of orcas swimming close to the rocks where many people hike.
Transient orcas are sometimes spotted hunting for harbour seals.
Price Target Analysis Helix Energy Solutions Group, Inc. (HLX)
The stock of Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (NYSE:HLX) earned "Market Perform" rating by Cowen & Co on Monday, September 21. COPYRIGHT VIOLATION WARNING: This piece of content was reported by Chaffey Breeze and is the property of of Chaffey Breeze.
While it's likely that the orcas were simply curious about the swimmers and meant no harm, it's understandable that swimmers would crave dry land in the presence of such sleek and powerful mammals.
Transient killer whales can measure to about 26 feet and weigh up to 6 tons.
Outdoor Retailer Trade Show Coming To Denver, Leaving Utah
John Hickenlooper, Denver Mayor Michael Hancock and officials from the state Office of Outdoor Recreation Industry. That sale included Snow Show's contract to stage an event in Denver through 2030.
- Schneiderman among 30 AGs urging ban on "spoof" robocalls
- First Solar Target of Unusually Large Options Trading (FSLR)
- The Herman Miller (NASDAQ:MLHR) Earning Somewhat Favorable News Coverage, Accern Reports
- (LNC) Director Isaiah Tidwell Sells 13946 Shares
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSM) Receiving Positive Media Coverage, Analysis Finds
- Shore Capital Reiterates "Sell" Rating for Electrocomponents plc (LON:ECM)
- Maple Leafs re-sign Zach Hyman to 4-year contract extension
- Mayans MC Pilot to Be Reshot, Recast
- Truecaller introduces 'Flash Messaging' feature on iOS
- Darnold working to tweak throwing motion for shorter delivery