Wimbledon was not the only place in the United Kingdom to be affected by "flying ant day", with the insects swarming across the country.
The grounds at the All England Club were swarming with fans at Wimbledon on Wednesday, but there was also something else buzzing about.
One of those players was Great Britain's own Johanna Konta, who joked after her 7-6 (4), 4-6, 10-8 victory over Donna Vekic that she may have even "swallowed some ants".
CenterPoint Energy, Inc. (CNP) Shares Sold by WBI Investments Inc
News headlines about Empire District Electric (NYSE:EDE) have been trending very positive on Wednesday, Accern Sentiment reports. The stock has a Return on Assets of 2.2 percent, Return on Investment of 5.5 percent and a Return on Equity of 13.6 percent.
"I definitely have taken home a few - both in my belly and in my bags", Konta said.
"I'm pretty sure I have".
Although the flying ant period can last up to a few weeks, the insects usually begin their flight within a few days of each other to maximise their chances of meeting a mate. "It was in my nose and in my ear".
Senior exec at Fox Sports fired amid sexual harassment allegations
For his entire career at Fox , nobody has mentioned anything regarding professional misbehavior or any other type of misconduct. At Fox Sports , Horowitz amped up the opinions in programming on FS1 and promoted its more outspoken personalities.
"They seemed to kind of go away after a while, but if it got much worse I was wanting to stop because they're hitting you in the face when you're trying to hit the ball", Querrey said, The Telegraph reported. "(They were) all over the place", Querrey said.
"I lost a set when the ants came".
When the ants were too exhausted to continue flying, they crawled around the courts, causing unsightly black patches on Wimbledon's famous green grass. The flurry of flying ants signified "Flying Ant Day" for locals - the annual summer tradition in England when all the ants sprout wings at once and search for a new colony while humans do their best to hide inside all day.
First Solar Target of Unusually Large Options Trading (FSLR)
Trellus Management Company LLC bought a new stake in shares of Canadian Solar during the first quarter valued at about $245,000. It increased, as 8 investors sold SLRC shares while 27 reduced holdings. 15 funds opened positions while 37 raised stakes.
- 3 suspected Maute group members, including 'financier,' nabbed in Cagayan de Oro
- The numbers keep climbing at St. Frances Animal Shelter
- The Carbo Ceramics, Inc. (CRR) Downgraded to "Strong Sell" at ValuEngine
- The Herman Miller (NASDAQ:MLHR) Earning Somewhat Favorable News Coverage, Accern Reports
- Darnold working to tweak throwing motion for shorter delivery
- $0.83 EPS Expected for Fomento Economico Mexicano SAB (ADR) (FMX), Key Energy Services, Inc. (KEG) Covered By 2 Bulls
- China-US ties affected by some negative factors: Xi to Trump
- Modi Stresses Strength of Israel-India Ties Upon Arriving for Historic Trip
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSM) Receiving Positive Media Coverage, Analysis Finds
- State Police Make 60 DUI Arrests During July 4 Holiday Enforcement