On No. 1 Court, Milos Raonic defeated Jan-Lennard Struff of Germany 7-6 (5), 6-4, 7-6 (4).
"It was great to be back on the Centre Coure, it's the cradle of tennis history right here, it's a special feeling to walk on to this court", he told BBC Sport.
Djokovic, who would have gained some confidence by winning the Aegon International heading into the tournament, would have been hoping to impress in front of Mario Ancic, the latest edition to his coaching team, though did not have to much as he was rarely threatened by the injured Klizan, with the former world number one off court in just forty minutes.
Bam Adebayo with another solid outing in Orlando
Bacon has logged over 25 minutes in two starts for the Hornets, despite Charlotte's 0-2 start. Jonathan Isaac impressed for the Magic, with 15 points and 13 rebounds.
The two players, who own a combined 10 titles at the All England Club, will play their opening matches on Day 2 of the grass-court major.
Djokovic follows against Martin Klizan of Slovakia, and Federer then faces Alexandr Dolgopolov of Ukraine.
"Playing first rounds in Grand Slams are always tough, especially with my first-round match that I lost in Paris", Kerber said. "I'll try to rest and recover, I had a lot of matches in Eastbourne". The second-seeded Serb was leading 30-0 in the third game of the second. The Slovak has gone 0-3 in her grass warm-ups - a stark contrast to her 5-0 record heading into Wimbledon this time previous year. Meanwhile, fan-favorite Juan-Martin del Potro was made to work by talented Thanasi Kokkinakis but ultimately got through 6-3 3-6 7-6 (2) 6-4.
NXT's Tommaso Ciampa Reportedly out Until March After Surgery for ACL Injury
Ciampa was last seen in the episode of NXT May 31, where he explained why he had attacked Johnny Gargano after losing in Chicago. By the time Ciampa is ready to return, they can easily transition their rivalry heading into Wrestlemania season next year.
Also advancing was 2015 Wimbledon finalist Garbine Muguruza.
The Serbian dropped to World No 4 after his recent capitulation to Dominic Thiem at the French Open, his lowest world ranking since 2009.
Zamorano: Sanchez must leave Arsenal to win UEFA Champions League
La Tercera have doubled down on that claim, telling readers Alexis is set to stay in London to honour his contract. Now let's see if he can pick up one for the English Premier League title this season.
- MV Sridhar to supervise team India as general manager for WI tour
- Catabasis Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CATB) Earning Favorable Media Coverage, Report Finds
- Runner recovering after collapsing during Peachtree Road Race
- Chinese man wins forced gay conversion therapy lawsuit
- What Are Analysts Opinions On Viavi Solutions Inc. (VIAV)
- Flood situation remains grim in Assam
- Omar Khadr to get $10.5 million, apology from Canadian government, source says
- Former LB Brian Urlacher says Bears have Lovie Smith curse
- All six independent RS MPs likely to vote for Kovind
- The Reynolds American Inc (RAI) Shares Sold by Probity Advisors Inc