The latest recall follows the recall of 1.6-litre Ford Kuga vehicles in South Africa earlier this year.
Thousands of Ikons and Figos were being recalled in order to replace high-pressure power-assisted steering hoses.
The motoring giant said the current fittings were prone to splitting, which resulted in power steering fluid leaks.
Michelle Carter, Who Texted Her Boyfriend To Kill Himself, Is Found Guilty
The 18-year-old was found dead of carbon monoxide poisoning in his truck in Fairhaven, Massachusetts , in July 2014. Mr Moniz also banned Carter from contacting Roy's relatives and ordered her not to obtain or apply for a passport.
Ford South Africa on Thursday announced another fire-risk related recall after reports that 16 of the affected cars caught alight globally with no reports in the country.
The fluid can result in fumes being emitted.
The move is being called a "voluntary safety recall" by Ford.
British PM loses majority but battles to stay on
The Times newspaper's front page declared that Britain was "effectively leaderless" and the country "all but ungovernable". May said this week that she would consider rewriting human rights legislation if it gets in the way of tackling extremism.
Ford said there would be no charge for the replacement hose and labour costs. Vehicle owners were "respectfully reminded" that while Ford relies on its dealerships to provide customers with courtesy cars, "this can not be guaranteed".
Next month, Ford will invite 4,556 Kuga owners whose vehicles were recalled to have a sensor installed in their cars that alerts the driver when the coolant drops, The Times reported. Investigations revealed the fires were caused by overheating, which led to engine cylinder heads cracking and oil leaking.
Markelle Fultz works out with 76ers before NBA Draft
The 2017 NBA Draft is here! Things could heat up again in the coming days before free agency starts on July 1. Fultz, 19, averaged 23.2 points, 5.9 assists and 5.7 rebounds in his freshman season with the Huskies.
- Five Ways the Senate Health Care Bill Raises the Cost of Insurance
- Dodgers hit 3 more HRs, complete 4-game sweep of Mets
- Hain Celestial says accounting review reveals no changes
- Mourners Remember Otto Warmbier At Hometown Funeral
- Suns make Josh Jackson the fourth overall pick in the draft
- Singapore May factory output up 5.0 pct y/y on electronics strength
- Mobb Deep's Havoc on Prodigy's Death: 'I'm Still Just F--ked Up'
- Steel Dynamics Inc. (STLD) has a Market value of 7.96 Billion
- Germany and France favourites to house London-based European Union agencies post-Brexit
- One dead after vehicle rams police van in Paris