The report also noted that the Bulls' asking price for Butler is "basically unobtainable", so even if he may be open to being traded, there may not be a team out there capable/willing to fork over the assets necessary to complete a deal.
Minnesota's head coach Tom Thibodeau coached Butler for four seasons in Chicago.
Angel di Maria gets suspended sentence in tax evasion case
If he were to leave, Ronaldo would likely break the world-record transfer fee for the second time in his career. The player is accused of defrauding tax authorities of €14.7m, by also hiding his income from image rights.
Cleveland doesn't have a GM - and may be about to hire one with no front office experience - heading into a key offseason where they need to revamp their roster to better compete with the Warriors, or risk losing LeBron.
The Clippers could obviously use someone like Butler and maybe Chicago would be willing to take D'Andre Jordan and some future first-round picks.
LA Clippers take South Carolina's Thornwell in draft
He most recently worked with the Golden State Warriors. "It was great to have Jerry", Frank said. The 48th-overall pick belonged to the Milwaukee Bucks before the Clippers acquired it for cash.
Butler hopes to stay in Chicago and remains intent on trying to lead the Bulls back to Eastern Conference prominence, sources told ESPN's Marc Stein on Tuesday. But they did receive Chicago's first-round pick in return, offering them an opportunity to continue adding to their depth.
The 7-foot-1 Markkanen, who is from Finland, averaged 15.6 points and 7.2 rebounds per game while shooting 49 percent overall and 42 percent from three-point range as a freshman for Arizona.
Pahlaj Nihalani on 'Jab Harry Met Sejal'
He blamed the TV channels for having broadcast the content, only meant for digital platforms. Talking to mid-day, he reasoned, "The trailer has to be played on television".
The Bulls made the playoffs with 41 wins after missing out the previous year. The Celtics defeated the Bulls in the first round of the National Basketball Association playoffs.
- European markets open under pressure; EU Summit in focus
- Looking forward to making Senate healthcare bill 'really special'
- Theresa May vows 'settled' status for EU expats in post-Brexit UK
- Trump calls Mueller's friendship with Comey 'bothersome'
- Theresa May's Brexit plan for EU nationals branded 'not sufficient'
- North Korea says Otto Warmbier's death 'is a mystery to us'
- Philippines says school hostage drama over, 31 captives freed
- Kvitova into Birmingham semis, will face Safarova
- Sestito and Comets players avoid being drafted by expansion Golden Knights
- Hector Moreno grabs late equaliser for Mexico vs. Portugal